I am moving the iPhone SDK mailing list over to Google Groups. Bluehost says they cannot handle a list of this size; Google Groups can. Of course, inviting 1200 people at once raised spam flags, so we have to wait for Google to approve the new group and the invites before we can move forward. The new group is here.
Money flowed into equity mutual funds in the latest week, reversing the outflow of the previous week, according to data released a fund research firm.
Here are steps on how to backup and restore files in Chronus
- SSH into your iPhone/iPod Touch and copy the files from /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/TimeCapsule into your computer
- Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch to your iTunes and do a sync with full backup before proceeding with your firmware upgrade
- After successfully updating your firmware, iTunes should prompt you to restore files from backup.
- After restoring with iTunes, launch Cydia and install Chronus
- Launch Chronus and check if the backups you made before your firmware upgrade are there
- If you are lucky, you will be able to see the backup files
- If you don’t see the files, you will have to SSH into your iPhone/iPod Touch and copy over the files to the same location (make sure permission is set to 777)
It’s what the mobile music experience could be
This project started as I explored ways to view lyrics while listening to my music library on the iPod Touch. Ideas kept coming and I added some concepts (and code) from iMovieMash.com plus great content from the multitude of public video, music and search APIs.
The result was iMusicMash.com, an iPhone and Android G1 social web application that takes your music experience to a whole new level of enjoyment and discovery. You can start with the friends’ playlists we already have or load your own iTunes music library. The interface is familiar as it mimics the iPhone’s iPod. For each artist, we bring photos from Yahoo Boss Image Search, concert dates from Eventful, and live Twitter discussions. Then, for each song, we bring great YouTube videos, lyrics from LyricWiki, similar songs from Last.fm, and friends’ songs for the same artist.
I recently added lyrics search and artist/title search.
iMusicMash was a winner in the Yahoo Developer Mashup contest at the recent Mashup Camp in Mt. View, California.
Timberline docs are here
If you’re considering converting to a Roth IRA, you might want to do it before the end of the year.
Value investors have a simple, elegant strategy. They buy a stock trading cheaply relative to the company’s earnings or business value and then patiently wait for the market to catch on to how wonderful it is.
If you were counting on your fixed-income funds to prop you up in tough times, it’s been a cruelly disappointing year. Although the news headlines focus on falling stocks, the fear of bad credit is at the heart of this financial crisis – and a bond, after all, is nothing but a loan. Every category of bond fund is down in 2008, making this one of the worst years ever for bond investors. While disheartening, the beating that bonds have taken has some analysts pointing to a buying opportunity – if you’re patient.
Is the international investing game over?
Both Blotcode and Dandelion are available for licensing. License gives a right to generate own codes within independent code range.
Another alternative is to use our API. Usage of API is free for non-commercial applications. 2D Sense API is available on request.
Use this address: sergey[AT]dsense.com