The page http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page is monitored for updates. There are no changes detected since 09/30/07 10:18:54.
Alright! Congrats to Kmac1985 from the Hackint0sh forums who discovered this little doozy of a method. Make sure to read the issues below (it’s not COMPLETELY reversible). On a phone that has 1.1.1 installed:
– Start by downloading the 1.0.2 firmware here. Get it while it’s still hot. That’s an Apple download link so it’s subject to change.
– Try to sit under a good light source. You need to see the screen clearly when it’s not backlit.
– Make sure the phone is on and running normally (if activated, at the Home screen, if not, just at the “Activate iphone” screen). The phone must also be docked or plugged in to your USB cable.
– Press and hold the Power and Home buttons on the phone until the screen shuts off.
– Release the Power button immediately. Keep pressing the…
This won’t mean jack squat to most of you but I’ve managed (with the help of the iPod Touch dev team) to boot the iPhone in restore verbose mode which will hopefully give us some insight into what we can do to crack the new firmware.
I trained my trusty Canon XH A1 HD videocamera at it with a high shutter speed to make sense of the quickly passing images. Check out the video and stills below.
I’ll go through and translate it by hand to make things clearer.
Yo guys, the latest iPhone firmware just came out. I can confirm that it is encrypted like the iPod Touch firmware, and so far no one has cracked it open to view the files. We’re working our hardest on this.
My recommendation is not to upgrade, if you have a modded phone (ringtones, fake activation, ANYTHING third-party), until we have more information. If you want to upgrade, restore your phone first with the old firmware by holding Shift while clicking Restore in iTunes (Command key if you’re on Mac) and choosing the 1.0.2 firmware first, then upgrading once the restore has completed.
DO NOT UPGRADE IF YOUR PHONE IS UNLOCKED.
Let me say this too: The iPhone firmware version 1.1.1 invalidates ALL iPhone software hacks.
We will bring you more news as it develops.
The page http://www.hacktheiphone.com/74/iphone_information_74_1.html is monitored for updates. There are no changes detected since 09/10/07 17:44:28.